The Center for Spatial Information Science and Systems (CSISS) is an interdisciplinary research center chartered by the provost and affiliated with the College of Science at George Mason University.
CSISS website: http://csiss.gmu.edu/
CSISS Research Focus:
* Theory and methodology of spatial information science;
* Standards and Interoperability of spatial data, information, knowledge and systems;
* Architecture and prototype of widely distributed large spatial information systems, such as NSDI, GSDI, and GEOSS, as well as service-based spatial knowledge and decision-making systems;
* Exploration of new information technologies that have potential applications in Spatial Information Science (SIS);
* The applications of SIS in the society sectors having either national interests or major commercial values, such as renewable energy, location-based mobile services, intelligent transportation, and homeland security.